Dog friendly cabins
Some of our Contemporary, Rustic and Traditional Lodges are designed to welcome dogs. We take great pride in our cabins and furnishings and hope that you and your four-legged friend will help us keep our cabins looking great and in good condition for others to enjoy.
To book one of our pet-friendly lodges please book online, using the ‘Find your Hideaway’ booking widget to select your dates, duration, party size and pets or call us on 01623 824 594
Here are a few things to remember when bringing your dog to The Sherwood Hideaway:
- Some of our cabins are designed to welcome dogs. We take great pride in our cabins and furnishings and hope that you and your furry friend will help us keep our cabins looking great and in good condition for others to enjoy.
- A dog gate has been provided in the bootroom area to give your dog a cosy area to dry off. Please bring your own towels to dry off your dog – please do not use our lovely fresh white bathroom towels!
- We do not provide dog beds or blankets, so suggest you bring these along with you. For the consideration of other guests, please do not allow your dog(s) on the furniture and bedding.
- When outdoors, dogs must be kept on a leash at all times. A lead ring is provided to secure your dog outside the cabin, but please make sure he/she has lots of water, shade and is not left alone.
- A barking dog is a nuisance and can spoil other guests’ enjoyment. We ask that you respect this, and never leave your dog alone at The Hideaway.
- Poop bins are provided throughout the park and are marked on your map. You’ll even find poop bags in the cabin – please use them. Always clean up after your dog, and respect other guests’ safety and comfort. Fines will be imposed on guests not adhering to this strict policy whilst in the park.
- We accept hairs and some muddy footprints are inevitable! However, clawing and chewing which causes damage to our furnishings spoils the cabin for future guests, and will have to be paid for.
- Dogs are not permitted in the children’s play area, or in the hotel.
- Please bring your dog’s favourite food and bowls for your stay.
- We spend a lot of time making sure you and your dog have a lovely holiday, so we charge £40 per dog per week or part-week. Maximum of two dogs per Hideaway. Badly behaved dogs or owners will be asked to leave.
Please Note: Please be aware that Sherwood Forest is a study site for Seasonal Canine Illness (SCI), for more information please click here or visit http://www.aht.org.uk/sci. If you think your dog has picked up SCI please inform a member of staff.