Things to do in Sherwood Forest
There is so much to see in the local area around The Sherwood Hideaway – from incredible woodlands to county parks; castles to market towns; watersports to high wire adventures.
We’ve listed some of our favourites perfect for Weekend Breaks and Holidays:
- Parks and forests – discover Sherwood Forest, the amazing Clumber Park and the 12th century ruins of Rufford Abbey.
- Activity centres – head to the UK’s national centre for watersports; swing through Sherwood Forest, or take a horse ride in local countryside.
- Building and galleries – explore spectacular Nottingham Castle, visit one of the UK’s most wonderful Edwardian mansions, or see the incredible craft works on display at The Harley Gallery.
- Towns – visit the historic towns of Newark and Southwell.
- Where to eat – our guide to restaurants close to The Sherwood Hideaway.