Dog friendly accommodation in Sherwood Forest
Your pet can enjoy a holiday too with our dog friendly accommodation in Sherwood Forest.
We have Traditional and Woodland dog-friendly lodges, with two and three bedroom options available. All feature the high quality fixtures and fittings and lavish styling of every luxury lodge at The Sherwood Hideaway, plus outdoor hot tubs so you can ease tired muscles after a day of long walks and exploring.
There are so many wonderful walks to discover from The Sherwood Hideaway with woodland trails and country parks among the enticing options.
Dog holiday essentials
Follow these tips to make the most of your dog friendly holiday at The Sherwood Hideaway.
- You’ll need to bring a dog bed, blankets and towels for your pet.
- For the consideration of other guests, please do not allow pets on the furniture and bedding.
- To help keep our lodges in pristine condition, please dry wet pets outside the lodge, or in the boot room if the weather demands.
- When outdoors, dogs must be kept on a leash at all times. A lead ring is provided to secure your dog outside the cabin, but please make sure he/she has lots of water, shade and is not left alone.
- Poop bins are provided throughout the park and are marked on your map. You’ll even find poop bags in the cabin – please use them. Always clean up after your dog and respect other guests’ safety and comfort.
- Dog hairs and some muddy footprints are inevitable, however, clawing and chewing which causes damage to our furnishings spoils the lodge for future guests and will have to be paid for.
- We spend a lot of time making sure you and your dog have a lovely holiday, so we charge £40 per dog per week or part-week, with a maximum of two dogs per lodge.
- We reserve the right to ask poorly behaved dogs or owners to leave the park.
- We are unable to accept the following dog breeds in our lodges: Pitbull Terrier, Dogo Argentino, Filo Brasiliero, Japanese Tosa. If you have any doubts, please give us a call.
Please note: Sherwood Forest is a study site for Seasonal Canine Illness (SCI), for more information please click here or visit http://www.aht.org.uk/sci. If you think your dog has picked up SCI please inform a member of staff.
How to book your pet holiday
To book your stay in our dog friendly accommodation in Sherwood Forest, simply select the pet-friendly option when you are entering your preferred holiday details in the search box. We’ll present the dog-friendly lodges that are available for you to book.